Caserta Royal Palace, also known as the Italian “Versailles”, will not fail to impress you.
Your private chauffeur will pick you up from your hotel and He will drive directly to Caserta Royal Palace which has often been described as the Italian “Versailles”.
The Caserta Royal Palace - designed by Luigi Vanvitelli for King Charles VII of Bourbon - is an UNESCO artistic heritage from 1997, and is considered the largest palace built in Europe in the 18th century and a great expression of the Baroque art.
This place will surprise you with its monumental structure, its various and decorated chambers and with its wonderful park with wells and waterfalls.
Lots of movies have been shot in the Royal Palace of Caserta, like parts of “Star Wars Episode I
During the tour you will discover:
- Royal Apartment
- Throne room
- Baroque Honor Grand Staircase entrance
- The large park with gardens, fountains, waterfalls and sculptures
- Museo del Vanvitelliano ( time permitting)
- Palatine Chapel
- Art Gallery
During your journey, your chauffeur will add a local touch with his personal advice. Please note: Your chauffeur is not a guide. We highly recommend you pre-book a tour guide (which we could arrange prior to your trip) to better understand the history of these places and to derive maximum benefit of this full day tour.
Caserta Royal Palace tour in brief:
- Departures from: Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Naples. Please note: the tour order may vary depending by your pick up point
- Departure from the meeting point at the agreed time.
- Tour by private, Mercedes car with a professional, licensed, bilingual chauffeur.
- Explore the Royal Palace of Caserta, symbol of the city. The huge house has four courtyards and many rooms (over 1200), chapels, museums and theaters. Everything is connected by 34 magnificent staircases and by 1970 windows that provide the necessary lighting.
- Visit the royal apartments, in a series of frescoes and stuccos.
- Stroll through the park which covers about three kilometers, and end with a 78 meters-high waterfall that flows into the terrific Fountain of Diana. No doubts that the gardens respects completely the majesty of the Palace. Return to your accommodation in the late afternoon.
- Total duration 8 hours
To confirm the booking a 50% deposit is always required.
At your disposal
A professional, English speaking chauffeur and water on board.
Camera, sun hat, sunglasses and comfortable shoes.