See the ancient Roman towns of Pompeii and Herculaneum and climb Vesuvius the sleeping-vulcano.
A professional, licensed, English speaking chauffeur will pick you up from your hotel and you’ll start a day trip which takes you back over two millennia. Journey back in time to the ancient Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, buried beneath meters of ashes and lava during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79A.D. Wandering the ancient streets of these archaeological sites, it’s easy to miss out on the real must-sees – and difficult to understand them when you do see them. Get the best from your visit with an expert and authorized guide.
After your full immersion in history, visit the crater where the peak of this imposing mountain looms over the coastline.
We’ll share with you our culture, traditions, and ancient stories!
During the tour you will discover:
During your journey, your chauffeur will add a local touch with his personal advice. Your chauffeur is not a guide. We highly recommend an official and private guide (extra cost) in Pompeii to enjoy properly the tour and skip the line at the entrance.
Herculaneum, Vesuvius & Pompeii tour in brief:
- Departures from: Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Naples. Please note: the tour order may vary depending by your pick up point
- Departure from the meeting point at the agreed time.
- Tour by private, Mercedes car with a professional, licensed, bilingual chauffeur
- Visit of Herculaneum, explore the excavations and learn about life as it was during the Roman Empire. Among the many interesting sights are carbonized wood furnishings and architectural elements like ceiling beams that have been preserved in a petrified condition and have retained their original appearance.
- Then your chauffeur will drive along the winding road up to the top of Mount Vesuvius at 1,000 meters (3280 feet) and from that point you can hike all the way to the crater. You’ll have the option of renting walking sticks and the approach is a steep spiral walkway around the mountain. Make sure you have closed shoes on to ensure comfort while walking on the stony pathway.
- Once you have explored the natural wonder of this fascinating area, you’ll continue driving on the foot of Mount Vesuvius and head south to Pompeii. Walk the cobbled streets to the Theatre and learn about the plays and events held there, picture the colorful streets of old bustling with merchants and their customers and don’t forget the Ampitheatre with its gladiators, and the infamous red light district . . .
- Return to your accommodation in the late afternoon.
- Total duration 8 hours
To confirm the booking a 50% deposit is always required.
At your disposal
A professional, English speaking chauffeur and water on board.
Camera, sun hat, sunglasses and comfortable shoes.