Paestum & mozzarella tasting tour
See the Greek temples of Paestum and its ruins, visit a typical farm and taste the buffalo mozzarella.
Our professional chauffeur will pick you up at your hotel and will drive you to Paestum. The name “Paestum” derives from Poseidonia (name given by the Greeks in honor of Poseidon) and the archaeological site was declared a World Heritage Site in 1998.
Among the main Hellenic architectural constructions, you can admire the Temple of Hera, the Temple of Poseidon and the Temple of Athena (today it is still in excellent conditions). The Amphitheatre, the forum and the gymnasium were built during the Roman period, and today their ruins are still visible.
After the visit of the archaeological park, your tour continues with the visit to one of the typical farms of the area.
A Gastronomic Journey into History and Culture
During the tour you will discover:
- Buffalo mozzarella experience
During your journey, your chauffeur will add a local touch with his personal advice. Your chauffeur is not a guide. We highly recommend an official and private guide (extra cost) in Pompeii to enjoy properly the tour and skip the line at the entrance.
To confirm the booking a 50% deposit is always required.
At your disposal
A professional, English speaking chauffeur and water on board.
Camera, sun hat, sunglasses and comfortable shoes.
Paestum & Mozzarella tasting tour in brief:
- Departures from: Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Naples. Please note: the tour order may vary depending by your pick up point
- Departure from the meeting point at the agreed time.
- Tour by private, Mercedes car with a professional, licensed, bilingual chauffeur
Your route will take you south on the highway towards Battipaglia which is about 17 miles south of Salerno and then another 15 miles to our destination, Paestum.
- The beauty of Paestum will leave you spellbound. We are certain you will enjoy the charming city which takes pride in its majestic Doric temples.
Visit to one of Italy’s famous buffalo mozzarella farms. Your tour begins with a close-up of the buffalos at the shed. The farmers tending to the buffalos can give you insights on how the buffalos are bred and fed to ensure production of the finest quality milk.
- Once you have experienced the process and perhaps even had the chance of seeing some of the calves, you can relax and enjoy a hearty farm lunch. Savor the freshness of a delicious meal made entirely of local produce. Your lunch will include the famous buffalo mozzarella.
- Return to your accommodation in the late afternoon.
- Total duration 8 hours